Thursday, January 14, 2016

January Homework

“Better late than never!”  Perhaps this may be my new mantra for 2016! It seems that no matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to complete all my projects when expected!

However, there is some GOOD news! January’s homework may be late for the 2016 year, but it’s 12.5 months EARLY for 2017! How’s that for being optimistic!

“FINDING” Homework has always been a struggle for me. There have been weeks where I have spent hours searching for homework that I feel is meaningful as well as reviews the class lessons. I’ve found a variety of homework papers that focus on phonic skills or letter recognition, but I want my students to actually practice READING at home. Plus, I’d like a little printing, coloring, and number practice to be included as well. DO YOU FEEL THE SAME?

It is because of this quest, that I’m excited to share my NEW JANUARY HOMEWORK! My students read & copy words and sentences, as well as sequence and write numbers. At the top of each paper is a place for a parent’s signature and a box to write the number of times the child reads the words and sentences. This is my favorite part! The pictures are “simple,” making them easy and fun to color. I feel so sorry for children that are asked to color teeny tiny pictures.

The content/format of each paper varies to provide NOVELTY and encourage THINKING!  January's packet is filled with content on the New Year, SNOWMEN, PENGUINS, POLAR BEARS, CHILLY WEATHER and DR. KING, There are 46 pages of READY to SEND HOME homework! Take a peek at the preview on TPT to glean a better idea of the content. :)
These pages are also perfect for “morning work” if you prefer. Your students complete the pages in class and take them home to READ to mom or dad. Mom and dad send them back with a signature and the number of times read. Either way, children are reading and writing!
I HOPE that these will boost your students’ reading and make YOUR teaching life easier! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

I'd like to give away 5 FREE packets to the first five teachers that leave a comment with an email of where to send the PDF file.  I'll send them out tomorrow! 

5 comments:

  1. These pages look age-appropriate. I think the students will enjoy completing them while I'm working with small groups. Thanks for the wonderful, engaging work you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! Thanks for your sweet comment! Let me know if I should add or change any pages. I'm going to continue to work on these monthly homework packets every year. I want homework to be meaningful and interactive with the parents. Sending you a PDF file too! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I still love all of your things. Still use your Scribbles N Dots stuff, well because it is awesome!!! kinderpond@yahoo.cm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! Thanks again for your kind words! My Scribbles -n- Dots will always be dear to my heart! I sent you the PDF file for January Homework. Let me know what you think! Or if you didn't get the file ... let me know that too! I sent it twice just to make sure! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this! erinropelato@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete